Take a look around our website and explore our learning philosophy and program offerings.
If you think The Birch School might be a good match for your family we invite you to take the next steps.
We are currently enrolling students ages 6 – 17. Please be aware that some program options have age restrictions.
1. Schedule meeting with Admissions Director, either virtually or in-person
2. Complete online application with admissions application fee.
3. Visit School for a day, either virtually or in-person. ( In summer skip to next step.)
4. Schedule interview for student and family with Director
5. Request transcripts/letter of recommendations
6. If requested, enter into a week-long program trial (Materials fee deposit required)
7. After invitation to enroll, finalize agreements. (legal, financial, media, health forms etc.) and meet teachers to outline learning plan/goals.
8. Formally enroll, begin attending program regularly
If your family is committed to the philosophy and values of The Birch School we want to find ways for your children to be able attend. Because of that, we are now offering a personalized tuition through a Sliding Scale model. Your tuition will be set based on your family’s income and expenses, determined through a financial application process administered by TADS. You will be required to submit income verification to a third party, TADS, and discuss payment arrangements with our Registrar. Our top end tuition for 2020-2021 is $10,600 per student. Families who qualify for the most assistance offered may have tuition fees discounted up to 40% from the base fee, depending on the amount of aid available for distribution. If something changes in your financial situation and you require a decrease in tuition, you will need to re-apply.
*Please do not apply for Sliding Scale until after your initial visit/meeting with Admissions Director.
Tuition payment plan options
Parents have the option of making 10 or 12 monthly payments. The payment plan will be serviced by TADS, and parents will pay a $55 fee per year to set up the payment plan. Payment can be made by bank transfer via TADS or via check or cash payments made in-person or via mail.
Families paying on a monthly plan must pay a down payment equal to one and half monthly payments before enrollment can begin.
Lump sum discount (entire tuition paid prior to enrollment) – 4% off your annual tuition
Sibling Discount 10% off second and third child. If children are enrolled in different program discount applies to child enrolled at the lowest participation level.
Application and Registration Fee Schedule for the 2021-2022 school year
Application Fee – $40/student 75/family
Registration Fee – credited toward materials/curriculum fee $400/student
Annual fee to make monthly payments using TADS – $55/year
Sliding Scale Application/Financial Assistance Fee – $39/year
Tuition Insurance Fees/Added to tuition