Our goal is to develop a robust, interconnected ecosystem to support and enrich learning outside conventional systems.
Friend of the Birch School
- Access to our online Community Communications Hub, for Kids and Adults
- Monthly Newsletter with activity ideas, events, and news
- Monthly Virtual Art Class
- Monthly in-person Community Story & Singing Circle, outdoors.
- Connect with others, find matches for learning pods, identify learning opportunities.
- Free attendance at Intro to Homeschool Virtual Seminars
- Free attendance to virtual Pod Learning Information Seminar
- Free Participation in Poetry Slam
Member of The Birch School
- All of the services of the Friend Level plus:
- Telephone/Zoom/Email homeschooling support for parents, up to 1 hour per month one-on-one.
- 2x/month Chess Meetup (virtual and in-person by reservation)
- Weekly Virtual Art class
- Spanish Language Conversation Club – Virtual
- Italian Language Coversation Club – Virtual
- Monthly Virtual Music Class: Focus on a Composer
- Monthly Virtual Engineering STEM Challenge
- Archery 2x/month (Reservation required)
- Monthly Family Yoga Class
- Monthly Virtual Live History Stories/Myths/Legends
- Monthly facilitated Dungeons and Dragons meet (in-person by reservation, age restrictions)
- Family Community Service Opportunities
- Participation in yearly Culture Fair
- Participation in yearly Childrens’ Entrepreneurial Market Fair
- Participation in seasonal special events (Trunk or Treat, Winter Festival, Earth Day, etc)
Family Membership $75 /month
Up to 2 children per family, $25 for each additional child. Entitles each child to attend up to 3 classes in person per month. Reservations are required to attend. Unlimited attendance for virtual classes per student.
Teen Family Membership
- All of the services of the Friend Level and Member Level plus:
- Monthly Dungeons & Dragons Meet-up, In-person, reservation required
- Monthly Teen Virtual Art class
- Support for meeting High School requirements
- Access to Birch School College and Post High School Planning Counselor for general questions and guidance
- High School STEM and Engineering opportunities/virtual workshops
- Special Virtual Workshop on Transcripts and College Admissions for parents
- Guidance on SAT, PSAT and ACT Testing
- Teen-to-Teen Communication Channels via our Discord Server (moderated)
- Support group of other parents with teens in our Discord Server
Family Membership with Teen Support $100 /month
Up to 2 children per family, $25 for each additional child. Entitles each child or teen to attend up to 3 classes in person per month. Reservations are required to attend. Unlimited attendance for virtual classes per student.