The Birch School is in need of additional support for our math program. Currently students are ages 10 - 17 and learning at levels from grades 4 - 12.
We are searching for the right person to provide support and mentoring for students as they complete individualized math programs independently. Additionally, some students participate in small group learning and are in need of direct teaching and assistance.
The ideal candidate is flexible, kind, patient and accommodating.
This position is mornings, in-person 2-4 days a week, with optional virtual morning on Fridays.
An excellent knowledge of middle and high school math is essential.
The Birch School is seeking a part-time Spanish Teacher to lead middle and high schoolers. Beginning and intermediate level. 2 to 4 times per week, in the afternoon, exact timing and schedule somewhat flexible. Prefer in-person but can consider remote teaching for the right candidate.
Students range in age from 10 - 17, with a variety of levels of accomplishment.
Requires flexibility and creativity.
We are seeking a school support person/ admin for the Birch School front desk. Our school community is flexible, tolerant, and we aim for happy and healthy days. We are a small team, and we all "wear many hats", taking responsibility in several areas. Our school culture is warm and welcoming. Students are ages 10 - 17, so applicants must have a genuine appreciation for teens. Adults interact with students throughout the day and each team member provides mentoring support for a small group of students. Our community is creative and adaptive. We embrace innovation and promote modern solutions to education, with a focus on student-led individualized learning in community.
This is part-time, approximately half-time, flexible schedule, in-person with some remote opportunities. Morning availability is preferred.
We are currently seeking the right person to join our team to provide support for our school in the following areas:
- Recordkeeping, i.e. attendance, transcripts, student records
- Managing systems such as Google Workspace, Google Classroom, and Student Information System
- Managing daily communication with families and students concerning attendance and other necessary communications, via email and telephone
- Know how to use Discord, or be willing to learn,
- Support teachers by assisting with logistical and technical issues
- Support students by providing technical assistance and troubleshooting
- Manage required data collection and reporting
- Support admissions team with communications and events
- Assist the team with setup and cleanup of learning spaces at the start and end of the week
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced working knowledge of google suite, excel, Discord, on Mac and PC
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Well organized and systems focused
- Appropriate public-facing communications style
- Comfortable working with children, teenagers and their families
- Experience with data collection, record keeping and data reporting
- Flexible, adaptable attitude
- Experience juggling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to complete time-based tasks
- Understanding of, or willingness to learn about, student-centered education and modern learning techniques and approaches.
- Willingness to participate in all areas of school functions, i.e. special events, maintaining equipment and learning spaces, ensuring a safe environment, supervising students occasionally.
- Desire to learn and/or experience with mentoring individual students
- Knowledge of High School transcripts and college admissions requirements
- Experience with Google Classroom
- Problem-Solver, solutions oriented
- Experience with K-12 Education