The Birch School, Inc.
We are seeking a school support person/ admin for the Birch School front desk. Our school community is flexible, tolerant, and we aim for happy and healthy days. We are a small team, and we all “wear many hats”, taking responsibility in several areas. Our school culture is warm and welcoming. Students are ages 10 – 17, so applicants must have a genuine appreciation for teens. Adults interact with students throughout the day and each team member provides mentoring support for a small group of students. Our community is creative and adaptive. We embrace innovation and promote modern solutions to education, with a focus on student-led individualized learning in community.
This is part-time, approximately half-time, flexible schedule, in-person with some remote opportunities. Morning availability is preferred.
We are currently seeking the right person to join our team to provide support for our school in the following areas:
- Recordkeeping, i.e. attendance, transcripts, student records
- Managing systems such as Google Workspace, Google Classroom, and Student Information System
- Managing daily communication with families and students concerning attendance and other necessary communications, via email and telephone
- Know how to use Discord, or be willing to learn,
- Support teachers by assisting with logistical and technical issues
- Support students by providing technical assistance and troubleshooting
- Manage required data collection and reporting
- Support admissions team with communications and events
- Assist the team with setup and cleanup of learning spaces at the start and end of the week
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced working knowledge of google suite, excel, Discord, on Mac and PC
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Well organized and systems focused
- Appropriate public-facing communications style
- Comfortable working with children, teenagers and their families
- Experience with data collection, record keeping and data reporting
- Flexible, adaptable attitude
- Experience juggling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to complete time-based tasks
- Understanding of, or willingness to learn about, student-centered education and modern learning techniques and approaches.
- Willingness to participate in all areas of school functions, i.e. special events, maintaining equipment and learning spaces, ensuring a safe environment, supervising students occasionally.
- Desire to learn and/or experience with mentoring individual students
- Knowledge of High School transcripts and college admissions requirements
- Experience with Google Classroom
- Problem-Solver, solutions oriented
- Experience with K-12 Education